10 Things to Do in Maricopa, AZ
I know first hand why you should be living in Maricopa because I live here and know the ins and outs. I wanted to compile a list of 10 things to do in Maricopa, AZ other than the obvious. See my articles on 5 Reasons to Relocate to Maricopa (this has the most obvious top 5 reasons) and the Pros and Cons of Living in Maricopa. Those articles provide the basics but I want this list to be looser and more fun! Besides, we love fun in Maricopa! I am also a real estate agent so if you are researching Maricopa because you may want to buy a home there, contact me at the information below and let me help you with your home search.
1. Go swimming even if you don’t have a pool – At the Copper Sky Multigenerational Center you can get a day pass to use their pool, splash pad, workout facility, parks, play in fields of green grass and enjoy the tranquility of their lake.
2. See Some Awesome Dwarf Cars – When originator of Dwarf Cars, Ernie Adams, was young he first started this curious art form. He has built race cars and scaled down versions of classic cars. It’s amazing and he now has a museum to display his work called the Dwarf Car Museum right here in Maricopa.
Contact Jason to get started buying or selling a home in Maricopa…
3. Have a nice Mexican dinner – Go to Plaza Bonita to eat authentic Mexican food and enjoy the Mexican decor. Try some tequila and you may enjoy it even more, lol.
4. Visit a Hindu Temple – Out in the desert on Teel Road (still in the limits of Maricopa) stands the Maha Ganapati Temple of Arizona which is an active Hindu temple. They have times you can visit all week long. Curious? Have a look at their website. See, there’s nice things to do in Maricopa, AZ.
5. Go bowling – The Ultrastar Multi-tainment Center has lots to do in the way of things to do in Maricopa, AZ. One of my favorites is to do some bowling with friends at their 24 lane bowling alley. Get food and drinks served to you while you play. They even have cosmic bowling that is out of this world. Did you get that joke? Ultrastar has movies, arcades, laser tag, restaurants, and special events. It’s a great place for the whole family.
6. Walk around Walmart in the middle of the night – Can’t sleep? Go to Walmart! Maricopa’s Walmart is open 24 hours a day and is always a bit surreal to walk around the store in the wee hours of the night.
7. Check out the yard sales – Yard sales in Maricopa are VERY popular. Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning there are plenty of yard sales, garage sales, moving sales, estate sales, and any other kind of sales you can think of. You can find some great treasures at these yard sales. Some people buy things at the yard sales then resell them for a profit. They make a living at it too!
8. Experience hand gliding – Yes, Maricopa has a place you can go hand gliding. It’s called Sonora Wings Tandem Hang Gliding. You don’t need any type of experience because an instructor will fly with you. You can take the controls and maneuver the hand glider or just let the instructor fly it so you can enjoy soaring over the desert. This is one of the fun things to do in Maricopa, AZ but I’m a bit too scared to try it!
9. Do some stargazing – Maricopa wants to be a place where you can see the stars in all of their beauty. That’s why at night it’s pretty dark… not many street lights. On a crystal clear night in a nice dark spot you can see thousands of glistening stars. I’ve seen many shooting stars in my backyard in Rancho el Dorado. Maybe if you gaze long enough you will even see a UFO!
10. Try your hand at Gambling – You can enjoy some adult fun anytime at Harrah’s Ak-Chin Hotel and Casino right down John Wayne Pkwy. Play slots, table games, or bingo. Get some food at one of their restaurants. It’s currently going under renovations for an expansion. Read about that construction here.
See, there’s lots of things to do in Maricopa, AZ other than the obvious! 🙂
To Buy or Sell a Home in Maricopa Contact:
Jason Bechtold, Realtor
The Maricopa Real Estate Company
Cell: (732) 306-7971