List of fun things to do within a half hour of Maricopa, AZ
You may have already seen my article about things to do in Maricopa but I wanted to write another one that expanded that list a bit to be a distance that would take no longer than 30 minutes to drive to. We don’t always want to travel too far for something fun so here is my hand picked list of what to do near Maricopa, AZ.
To buy or sell a home in Maricopa, AZ contact Jason Bechtold, Realtor.
Cell: (732) 306-7971 or email JasonBechtoldRealtor@gmail.com
A Maricopa real estate agent who lives, loves, and works in Maricopa.
- Chandler Fashion Center – Located on the corner of Chandler Blvd and Frye Rd in Chandler is a great mall. There are plenty of restaurants nearby and you can easily spend a relaxing afternoon shopping. You can also check out the Phoenix Premium Outlets.
- Hiking – If you’re into some rugged off path hiking you can head west on AZ-238 for about a half hour, hop out of the car and walk around the desert. You’ll want to pass the Sierra Estrella mountain range before wondering off. The east side of the range is reservation but the west side is BLM land and is legal to hike.
- Rawhide Western Town – Rawhide is an 1880’s western town that hosts shows, events, retail shops, actors, and restaurants to provide you with a great western experience.
- Huhugam Heritage Center – If you travel north on SR-347 from Maricopa you will see the Huhugam Heritage Center on the corner of SR-347 and Maricopa Rd. In this Gila River Indian Community museum you will find many exhibits and archeological artifacts to explore.
- Casa Grande Ruins – You can go visit the 650 year old ruins left behind from the Ancient Sonoran Desert People. This place is shrouded in mystery. It is a complex network of irrigation canals and communities. It offers public tours, events and school programs.
- Promenade at Casa Grande – After checking out those Casa Grande ruins you may want to do a little shopping! The promenade offers shopping at well known retail stores, movies, and some great restaurants.
- Arizona Railway Museum – This museum in Chandler, AZ was founded in 1983 and features rare and antique trains. The trains are refurbished up to working condition. There is a display building with smaller artifacts and a gift shop. This is a great place to bring the kids too!
- Koli Equestrian Center – Go horseback riding! Near Wild Horse Pass Blvd and Maricopa Rd, you will find the Koli Equestrian Center. There are several horseback riding options. You can do a group ride, private ride, cattle drive, cowboy sunset dinner ride, and much more.
- Wild Horse Pass Hotel and Casino – Get your gambling on at Wild Horse Pass! Any time of the day or night, if you’re feeling lucky this is a great casino to go to. It’s always a great time. Don’t forget Vee Quiva and Lone Butte casinos as well.
- Mystery Castle – Okay, this is a little farther than 30 minutes. It’s about 40 minutes but I thought it should make the list. In the foothills of South Mountain Park is a castle that was built by Boyce Gully in the 1930s for his daughter. He made it out of items found in the desert. There are tours of the facility offered.
To Buy or Sell a Home Contact:
Jason Bechtold, Realtor
The Maricopa Real Estate Company
Cell: (732) 306-7971